- Asbestos Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
Michael Brockland, Partner
Michael is one of our most experienced attorneys who handles all aspects of discovery and trial work for asbestos claims, and handles our firm’s business litigation cases. He has litigated a wide range of matters involving professional liability, legal malpractice, fiduciary liability, business and employment disputes, breach of contract, real property rights, the Missouri Merchandising Practices Act, and personal injury. He has also represented individuals and businesses in matters concerning corporate governance and fiduciary obligations in closely-held businesses.
Michael’s white collar criminal defense experience includes representing businesses and individuals in federal and state grand jury investigations, internal corporate investigations, environmental investigations and state criminal proceedings. He has successfully briefed and argued cases before the Missouri Court of Appeals and has briefed cases in the Eighth Circuit and the Missouri Supreme Court. His depth of experience in defending corporations provides valuable strategic insights when representing individuals who have been harmed by a business.
Michael received the distinction of being selected as an “Up Coming Lawyer” by Missouri Lawyers Media in 2010 and was the recipient of the National Order of the Scribes Award for Excellence in Legal Writing in 2008. Prior to attending law school, he taught high school English in Kansas City, Missouri.
- BA in English, University of Missouri – Columbia
- JD, Cum Laude, St. Louis University School of Law, 2008
Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- ABA Co-Chair, Ethics Subcommittee of the Commercial and Business Litigation Committee
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Lawyers for City Neighborhoods Committee
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States Court of the Southern District of Illinois
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- The American Association for Justice