Much like many southern states, Mississippi is known for its oil refineries, power generators, and shipbuilding manufacturers. Petroleum is a highly volatile substance, even in crude form. For this reason, asbestos insulation was used throughout oil refining facilities in structures, on machinery, and in pipe fittings. Even the protective clothing worn by oil workers was lined with asbestos.
Unfortunately, many of the families of workers at the sites (listed below) also have an increased risk of developing cancer because of the asbestos fibers that were carried home on the body and clothing of those workers.
Provided below is a list of cities in the state of Mississippi where asbestos jobsites are known to have been located. If you worked for any of these companies or at these jobsites in Mississippi, there is a possibility that you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos which is known to cause mesothelioma and lung cancer.
- American Hardware Company
- City of Clarksdale – Municipal Power Plant
- Clarksdale Public Utilities Comm
- Coahoma County Hospital
- Emhart Company
- Mississippi Cotton Seed Oil Company
- Baxter Healthcare Corp
- Baxter Laboratories Inc
- Broom Hall
- Ewing Hall
- L. Caylor Hall
- Cafeteria Columbia Training School
- Jacob & Rouse Cottages Columbia Training School
- Johnston Tombigbee Furniture
- New Orleans Furniture Manufacturing Company
- Southern Naval Stores
- Buckeye Cotton Oil Company
- Kimberly Clark Corporation
- Rudolph Wurlitzer Manufacturing Company
- Southbridge Plastic Products, Inc.
- Worlitzer Piano Company
- Wurlitzer Manufacturing. Company
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation
- Federal Compress & Warehouse Company
- Grenada Light and Water Works
- Grenada Oil Company
- Koppers Company Inc Wood Preserving Div
- Memphis Hardware Flooring Company
- Moss Brothers
- Newsprint South
- North American Rockwell
- Wood Preserving Corp
- Aponang Manufacturing Company
- Hamilton Manufacturing Company
- I C Switch
- Kosciusko Cotton Mills
- Planters Oil Mill and Gin Company
- S. Wambles Machine Shop
- Denman Jr High School
- Engineering Office Mississippi State Hwy Dept
- Mccomb City Cotton Mills
- Sun Oil Company Plant
- Georgia Pacific Pulp & Paper
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation
- Monticello Plant
- Regis Paper Company
- Unbleached Kraft and Linerboard Mill
- Chambers Stove Company
- S. Plywood Corp
- University of Mississippi
- Grand Gulf Nuclear Power Plant
- Amerada Hess Corporation
- Black Creek Refinery
- Hess Oil & Chemical
- Kaiser Aluminum
- Mississippi Chemical
- Mississippi Gulf Refining Company
- Morrow Power Plant
- Pontiac Eastern
- Southland Oil
- Day Brite Lighting
- Mississippi Power and Light Company
- Southern Pipe & Supply Company
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Tupelo Concrete Products, Inc.
- Tupelo Cotton Mills
- Tupelo District Office Mississippi State Hwy Dept
- Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Bryan Brothers Packing Company
- Bryan Foods
- West Point Plant
- West Point Works
- Coastal Chemical Corporation
- Mid-South Insulation Company
- Mississippi Chemical Corporation
"We have been very pleased to be represented by them."- Murphy
"Everyone at SWMW Law have went above & beyond. They’ve been so compassionate & so very helpful."- Jeanne M.
"I called SWMW and the day after I called an attorney was in my town talking to me."- Bridget G.
- Trial Verdict $11.5 Million U.S. Navy Machinist Mesothelioma (VA)
- Trial Verdict $9.7 Million Take-Home Exposure Mesothelioma (WI)
- Settlement $7.5 Million Union Pipefitter Mesothelioma (MO)
- Settlement $7 Million Union Insulator Mesothelioma (MO, IL)
- Settlement $7+ Million Pipefitter & Electrician Mesothelioma (IL)
- Trial Verdict $6 Million Union Steamfitter Mesothelioma (VA, MD, DC)
Decades of Cumulative ExperienceOur team is comprised of dozens of highly talented and experienced attorneys ready to fight for your best outcome.
Thousands of Clients RepresentedOver the course of our firm's experience, we have helped thousands of victims and their families recover.
National ReachWe come to you wherever you are in the United States to help you and your family recover.
Resources + Personal AttentionA senior partner of our firm will be involved in your case, utilizing a team approach with massive resources uniquely applied to your case.
Because Justice Matters.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (855) 744-1922.