Asbestos Exposure in Delaware
There are several sites across Delaware in which asbestos use was common. Delaware is home to DuPont Chemical, which has been acknowledged to be among the worst corporate pollutants in the world, putting thousands of workers at risk for mesothelioma and lung cancer due to asbestos in their plant.
Chemical plants across the state used asbestos in factory boiler rooms, workspaces and production lines before it was finally regulated in the 1970’s due to known health risks. Workers at these sites (listed below) are at greater risk of developing mesothelioma and lung cancer. Unfortunately, many of the families of workers at the sites listed below also have an increased risk of developing cancer because of the asbestos fibers that were carried home on the body and clothing of those workers.
Provided below is a list of cities in the state of Delaware where asbestos jobsites are known to have been located. If you worked for any of these companies or at these jobsites in Delaware there is a possibility that you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos which is known to cause mesothelioma and lung cancer.
- Atlas Chemical Industries Inc
- Atlas Chemical Prod Corp
- Atlas Powder Company
- Ici Americas Inc
- Ici Atlas Point
- W. Kellogg Company
- Delmarva Power & Light Company
- Dupont Company
- I. DuPont De Nemours & Company
- Edge Moor General Station
- Edgemoor Iron Works
- Graver Tank & Manufacturing Company
- Krebs Pigment and Color Corporation
- Ludlow Manufacturing
- Delaware Power & Light Company
- Indian River Station
- Nrg Energy Inc
- Townsends, Inc
- Krebs Plant
- Allied Chemical Corporation
- General Chemical Company
- Sun Oil Chemical Plant
- Beebe Hospital
- Caterpillar Tractor Company
- I. Dupont De Nemours & Company
- Our Lady of Lourdes Church
- Pfm Construction Div
"We have been very pleased to be represented by them."- Murphy
"Everyone at SWMW Law have went above & beyond. They’ve been so compassionate & so very helpful."- Jeanne M.
"I called SWMW and the day after I called an attorney was in my town talking to me."- Bridget G.
- Trial Verdict $11.5 Million U.S. Navy Machinist Mesothelioma (VA)
- Trial Verdict $9.7 Million Take-Home Exposure Mesothelioma (WI)
- Settlement $7.5 Million Union Pipefitter Mesothelioma (MO)
- Settlement $7 Million Union Insulator Mesothelioma (MO, IL)
- Settlement $7+ Million Pipefitter & Electrician Mesothelioma (IL)
- Trial Verdict $6 Million Union Steamfitter Mesothelioma (VA, MD, DC)
Decades of Cumulative ExperienceOur team is comprised of dozens of highly talented and experienced attorneys ready to fight for your best outcome.
Thousands of Clients RepresentedOver the course of our firm's experience, we have helped thousands of victims and their families recover.
National ReachWe come to you wherever you are in the United States to help you and your family recover.
Resources + Personal AttentionA senior partner of our firm will be involved in your case, utilizing a team approach with massive resources uniquely applied to your case.
Because Justice Matters.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (855) 744-1922.