People who are at an elevated risk of asbestos diseases in Kansas are those who worked in the large aircraft manufacturing and maintenance industry. Affected workers are mostly in Wichita, which is the “Air Capital of the World.”
With agriculture as the primary industry in Kansas, there have been deaths reported in the state due to machinery repair and renovation. Unfortunately, many of the families of these workers also have an increased risk of developing cancer because of the asbestos fibers that were carried home on the body and clothing of those workers.
Provided below is a list of cities in the state of Kansas where asbestos jobsites are known to have been located. If you worked for any of these companies or at these jobsites in Kansas there is a possibility that you may have been exposed to harmful asbestos which is known to cause mesothelioma and lung cancer.
- Kansas Power & Light Company
- Riverside Light
- Town of Abilene
- Blair Milling Company
- L F M Manufacturing Company
- La Mo Refractory Supply
- Midwest Grain Products, Incorporated
- Midwest Solvents Company, Inc.
- Benedict’s College
- Derby Refinery
- B. Badger Company
- Frick-Reid Supply Company
- M. Marcum Company
- Mobil Oil Refinery
- Municipal Light Plant
- Socony-Vacuum Oil CompanyWhite Eagle Refrigeration
- Bushton Hydrocarbon Plant
- Enron Gas Processing
- Hydrocarbon Transportation
- Northern Gas Products
- Northern Natural Gas Company
- Oneok Inc.
- Cloride Ceramics Company
- Concordia Electric Light Company
- Kansas Power Company
- Hercules Power Company, Inc.
- Sunflower Ammunitions Plant
- Sunflower Army Ordinance Works
- Armour & Company
- Emporia Railway Lt Company
- Emporia State Teachers College
- Iowa Beef Processors, Inc.
- Kansas Electric Utilities Company
- Modine Radiator
- Retarded Children’s Center
- Sauder Tank Company Inc.
- Fort Riley
- Irwin Army Hospital
- United States Army Hospital
- Garden City Company
- Garden City Municipal Utilities/Municipal Plant
- Huxtable-Hammond Company, Inc.
- Sunflower Electric Corporation
- Sunflower Power Station
- Wheatland Electric Cooperative
- Aquila, Inc.
- National Bank Building
- Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America
- Saint Rose’s Hospital and School for Nurses
- Western Light & Power CompanyWestern Light and Telephone
- Central Kansas Power Company
- Kendall Plumbing Company
- Midwest Energy Inc.
- Sunflower Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Travenol Laboratories Inc.
- Adamson Manufacturing Company
- Ajax Portland Cement Company
- Atchison Revolving Door Company
- Petroleum Products Company
- Western States Port. Cement Company
- American Service Company
- Fine Arts Center
- Iola Water Plant
- Lehigh Portland Cement
- Material Engineering Company
- Municipal Light Plant
- Kansas City Power and Light
- Kansas Gas & Electric Company
- KP&L Powerhouse
- City of Larned
- Larned Electric Light Dept.
- Larned State Hospital
- Power Plant
- St Joseph Hospital
- American Messer Liquid Helium Plant
- Centel Electric
- Cimarron River Station
- Liberal Ice Light and Power Company
- National Helium Corporation
- Panhandle Eastern Pipe Line Company
- Trend Construction Corporation
- Utilicorp United Inc.
- Western Light and Telephone Company
- Habitats, Inc.
- Kansas State Agricultural College
- Kansas State University
- Manhattan Country Club
- Walters-Morgan, Inc.
- City of McPherson
- Co-Op Refinery
- Globe Oil Refining Company
- National Co-Op Refinery Association
- National Cooperative
- Archer Daniels Midland
- Independent Manufacturing Company
- Prairie Pipe Line Company
- Standard Oil Company
- Tudeau Port Cement Company
- Air Traffic Control Center
- Armstrong Contracting & Supply Corporation
- Delco Battery Operations
- Delphi Automotive Systems
- Naval Air Station
- Olathe Kansas Argonaut Realty Div. GMC
- Kansas Army Ammunition Plant
- Kansas Gas & Electric
- Kansas Ordnance Plant
- Knop Ordinance Plant
- Missouri, Kansas, and Texas Railway
- Parsons Ammunition Plant
- Swift & Company
- Allied Signal, Inc.
- Dickey Clay
- Gulf Chemical
- Hall and Dillon
- Kansas City Southern Railroad
- McNally Pittsburg Office Building
- Pittsburg State College
- Spencer Chemical Company
- Empire District Electric Company
- Empire District Powerhouse
- Gulf Oil Company
- Gulf Refinery
- Riverton Powerhouse
- I. DuPont De Nemours & Company
- Illinois Power and Light Corp
- Kansas City Power & Light Company
- Tecumseh Film Plant
- Tecumseh Power Project
- Westar Energy
- Amoco Hugoton Jayhawk Gas Plant
- Amoco Products Ulysses Gasoline Plant
- Chemical Plant
- Cities Service Oil and Gas
- Helium Plant
- Kinsler Plant
- Pan American Kinsler Plant
- Pan American Pet Corporation
- Pioneer Cooperative Association
- B & B Spur
- Boeing Aircraft Corp
- Frontier Chemical
- Kansas Gas & Electric Company
- Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corp
- Watkins Inc.
- Wichita Gasoline Plant
- Wichita Powerhouse
"We have been very pleased to be represented by them."- Murphy
"Everyone at SWMW Law have went above & beyond. They’ve been so compassionate & so very helpful."- Jeanne M.
"I called SWMW and the day after I called an attorney was in my town talking to me."- Bridget G.
- Trial Verdict $11.5 Million U.S. Navy Machinist Mesothelioma (VA)
- Trial Verdict $9.7 Million Take-Home Exposure Mesothelioma (WI)
- Settlement $7.5 Million Union Pipefitter Mesothelioma (MO)
- Settlement $7 Million Union Insulator Mesothelioma (MO, IL)
- Settlement $7+ Million Pipefitter & Electrician Mesothelioma (IL)
- Trial Verdict $6 Million Union Steamfitter Mesothelioma (VA, MD, DC)
Decades of Cumulative ExperienceOur team is comprised of dozens of highly talented and experienced attorneys ready to fight for your best outcome.
Thousands of Clients RepresentedOver the course of our firm's experience, we have helped thousands of victims and their families recover.
National ReachWe come to you wherever you are in the United States to help you and your family recover.
Resources + Personal AttentionA senior partner of our firm will be involved in your case, utilizing a team approach with massive resources uniquely applied to your case.
Because Justice Matters.
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (855) 744-1922.