Helping Families Seek Compensation for Damages
If you or a family member has been diagnosed with cancer, and believe exposure to the weed killer Roundup could be the cause, you could qualify for compensation from the manufacturer. We encourage you to speak with one of SWMW Law’s experienced personal injury attorneys to tell us your story.
Proven Cancer Risks, Known Dangers
Roundup, which was first released in 1974, is the most popular weed killer in the world, with nearly 250 million pounds used on our crops, golf courses and lawns. Glyphosate is a main ingredient of the product, which may be a human carcinogen linked to several cancers.
Jobs that require ongoing exposure such as agricultural workers, gardeners, farm workers, and landscapers may be at a higher risk for developing certain types of cancer:
- Soft tissue carcinoma
- Bone cancer
- Liver cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Colon cancer
Several investigations are underway to determine if the manufacturer, Monsanto (now owned by Bayer AG), continued to sell Roundup while aware of its health dangers. As early as the 1970s, research revealed that glyphosate caused cancer in rodents, and in recent years, evidence of its links to cancer grow stronger. Monsanto denies that Roundup is dangerous and continues marketing it as an environmentally friendly product.
Latest Roundup News
In 2018 and 2019, there have been several settlements and increased action against Monsanto:
- Monsanto Ordered to Pay $289 Million in Roundup Cancer Trial
- Jury hits Bayer with $80 million penalty in Roundup cancer case
- RoundUp Ruled Significant Factor in Man’s Cancer
There also continues to be information released about the increased risk of Roundup:
We’re Here. Every Step of the Way.
From the very first time we meet until your case is settled, we’ll make sure you feel comfortable and understand each step of the process. Beyond our legal counsel, we’ll keep you informed as your case progresses, answering your calls, returning your emails and addressing any questions you have. More than 12,000 people are seeking to hold Bayer AG accountable for their cancers caused by these dangerous chemicals, with nearly 200 of these cases filed by our firm. When you choose to trust us with your case, you can expect this from our team:
- We’ll come to you, wherever you are in the U.S. at a time convenient for you.
- You won’t pay for any of our upfront costs, and we’re only paid if we win or settle your case.
- We’ll ask you a lot of questions to learn about your illness or injury, so we can determine who is responsible and how to hold them accountable.
- We’ll investigate your specific case, using the knowledge and skills we’ve obtained in our decades of experience fighting on behalf of families.
- Using the information and resources we’ve gathered from past drug and medical device cases, we’ll build the strongest case we can.
- Our team will get to work immediately to get your case filed, usually within two weeks of our first meeting.
You can call us anytime at (877) 205-4250 or contact us online.